Sunday, October 6, 2013

The Family

I thought since my family will be the focus of many of my posts that I should introduce them. This is my husband Paul:



Oops. Sorry. That is David Beckham. This is my husband Paul:

He is the kindest, gentlest, smartest man I know. More importantly - he is the most patient man I know. Marriage to me has tested that patience many a time I'm sure - but he's stuck with me. After 25 years not only am I still in love with him - I still like him. He's still my best friend - and he makes me laugh. Bend that Beckham!

Paul is of Mediterranean descent (he's adopted and his biological mother was French) so he has a beautiful olive complexion. I am white. Like Elmer's glue white. Before they made it into goofy colors or gels. Crayola doesn't even have a white for how white I am. He's 5'3" and I'm 5'7". When we talked about having children we worried what a combination of the two of us could possibly look like. We finally decided we would probably end up with stay puft marshmallow kids running around. But look what we did!

Amelia and Katy 1999
Amelia and Katy 2013

Katy and Amelia 2013
Amelia and Katy about 3 years ago (I think)
 Aren't they just beautiful? Amelia is now a senior in high school and Katy is now an Austin College graduate, employed, and living on her own with her cat Tess.

We also have some furry 4-legged members of the family! They are all rescues.
Clue - the patriarch is almost 14
Gryffindor is 8


Dobby is 10


Winky is 9




That's all of us!

No comments:

Post a Comment